Follow on Twitter

Monday, June 23, 2014

Tech World Adventures - Prologue

It has been over 200 years since the first Steve made his mark on the realm of Minecraftia. The land has grown and industrialized. New, eager Steves look to harness this new world's resources and inhabit the land. You are one of them. Industrialize the world!

Hey, welcome to this new blog-style-Let's Play titled Tech World Adventures! I'm Ninjaofquest, and I'm a newbie to this whole blog thing. I used to post on this site called Catacomber.com, but I took a long break because I was so busy with real life. Now I'm trying this new-fangled idea that I came up with in the latter portion of 2 days.
Now, while I am playing a pre-made Minecraft pack, I have added a few more mods. As a rule, I have not added any magic mods to the pack, as it would go against the original pack's nature. I have added the following:

Roguelike Dungeons (adds an exploration factor to the game)
Better Chests (adds a cool adjustable chest that does awesome things)
Aroma1997's Dimensional World (keeps the nasty-looking quarry holes out of the overworld)
BiblioWoods Biomes O' Plenty Addon (adds furniture made out of more types of wood)
Carpenter's Blocks (more building blocks. Isn't that what Minecraft is all about?)
Chisel (same as above}
EnderIO (never used it, but it's supposed to add some convenient blocks for integrating systems)
Ender Storage (adds customizable ender chests. And honestly, this is a staple in most tech packs.)
Translocators (adds liquid pipes and has a cool crafting grid function)
Gany's Nether, End, Surface (just a bunch of random things that I never got to explore very closely)
Pam's HarvestCraft (I love farming in this game and I felt like I needed some more things to automatically farm)
Hunger Overhaul (makes hunger more deadly and all that food in HarvestCraft will come in handy)
Logistics Pipes (features fancy sorting options)
QuarryPlus (more powerful automated mining options)
Dye Trees (colorful trees that drop dyes. For this reason, I disabled another mod's colored trees. Also, more farming things)
Ender Forest (easier way to get materials for late-game matters)
- ElectriCraft (Addon to RotaryCraft that stores power and stuff)

In order to access the regular Tech World 2 pack, you need to download the FTB Launcher, located at feed-the-beast.com. Follow the installation instructions and when it's installed, just log into your account and select the "Tech World 2" modpack. Install the added mods if you want, but be warned that you will need to update RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, and DragonAPI to their latest versions if you want to include Dye Trees, ElectriCraft, or Ender Forest. If you don't want to, then just leave those three out or you'll probably get crashes.T

I hope you guys enjoy this new blog-style Let's Play. First post should be coming within the week!

Disclaimer: I own no part of Minecraft, Feed the Beast, or any included mod.

Table of Contents

Last updated July 22, 2014.

Chapter 1: here
Chapter 2: here
Chapter 3: here
Chapter 4: here

No comments:

Post a Comment