Follow on Twitter

Friday, June 27, 2014

Tech World Adventures - Chapter 2

Chapter 2

          When we last left off, I was starving, almost to death. Today we're going to try to solve that.

          First, what I should do is make a juicer to get more yield from all these apple trees around here. It's made simply with a piece of stone and a stone pressure plate.






          I wonder why these HarvestCraft tools have no durability bar. I mean, in the real world an apple cutter isn't going to last you seventy-five years. It's eventually going to rust, the metal is going to warp, and maybe a freak dishwashing accident will cause the plastic handles to melt.

          But whatever, I'm not complaining. In the meantime, I'll just murder these chickens for their meat. I try to leave two around so I can breed them later, but I keep finding more everywhere I go!

          I have the game set up to disable wooden and stone hoes. This means that I need iron to start a farm. I have three pieces of iron, but I'm saving them for a pickaxe. Though I later find out that I want to take a different path, so...hmm......

          Whatever the case may be, I go down into the other cave, which turns out to be just a shallow valley. So much for exploring. I pick up some resources and then move on to the next cave. Well, actually, I run for my bed because it's getting to be night time.

          Okay, now I head for the cave. I am curious about something, though. Since Minecraft's day and night are ten minutes each, wouldn't that mean I'm theoretically near the world's equator? Another point: the day and night continue to last ten minutes each even when you move ten thousand meters away from where you first spawn. So, wouldn't that mean....whatever, it's just a game. Since when have game mechanics ever made sense in the real world?

          So I'm just taking my pick of the ores when suddenly I hear the ol' rattle of bones coming down to meet me. I managed to snap a picture of the bugger before he shot me in the stomach:





          Oh, and I'm STILL hungry. I guess this sack of bones feels the same way. No wonder he's trying to kill me.

          I didn't run into any more trouble, although my pickaxe broke when I mined out the last of my yield. Here's what I mined out:





          It's all right there in the right-hand corner of the inventory and the furnace. If you can't see it, here's the list:

  • 14 iron ore
  • 54 apatite
  • 17 salt
  • 21 copper ore
  • 1 tin ore
  • 27 coal
  • 5 aluminum ore
Apatite is good for fertilizer, which is what I'll need if I ever want to get that farm up.

          After I make myself another set of tools and a hoe, I nap in my totally-well-protected bed. Like, seriously, if the monsters spawn during night time, wouldn't they just be able to push me out of the bed and kill me right there? What kind of crazy wizardry protects a sleeping person out in the open from being transformed into a legion of the zombie army? Because I'm pretty sure that's what would kill you in a zombie apocalypse.

Disclaimer: I have never watched any movies about the zombie apocalypse.

          All right, so now that I've slept a less-than-ideal sleep out in the wilderness, I start to work on my farm. I usually make my farm cells in a 5-by-5 square, but since I have tons of seeds, I decide to make a much larger 9-by-9 cell.

          After clearing out the land for the farm, I start to plant all these seeds that I got from cutting grass. I would've had more, but they were accidentally disabled, so I went and enabled them in the game files.

         All right, so now that that's taken care of, I gaze over my farm. It's going to provide me with a lot of much-needed sustenance. It's getting dark, let me show you real quick:






I did add an offshoot for some cotton that I came across.

          Oh geez, it's really getting to be night-time now. I guess it's time to go to bed. I made some tool tables so I won't have to continuously make new tools over and over again. The tools I have now will just break when they're used up. I just fix them up with more cobblestone.






I'm still way out in the open. I'm probably long-overdue for a house. Looks like I need to work on that.


Chapter 3: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/07/tech-world-adventures-chapter-3.html

Chapter 1: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/06/tech-world-adventures-chapter-1.html

1 comment:

  1. Your article has amazed me . I appreciate for such beautiful article . Very thankful for this. thank you for the information. el MOD MAS TURBIO de Friday Night Funkin DA MIEDO The Squidward Tricky Mod

    ReplyDelete