Follow on Twitter

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tech World Adventures - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

So...I spawned in a plains biome. I think. Let me check.





          Well, sort of. I spawned in a plains biome, but in front of me is a pool of liquid ender pearls from the Ender Forest mod.

          Oh, I forgot to say, "welcome!" I'm Ninjaofquest and this is my first blog. I've written a few things before, but most of them were for contests or the school newspaper. This is my first piece on the Internet. I do like to write, however. I would like to pursue a writing career in the future.

          I also like playing video games. I've brought these two interests together to bring you something that I hope will be sort of successful. 

          I'll post in the way that you're reading now. Sort of freeform, sometimes random, hopefully not too obtrusively. Now, while I will insert pictures, I'm not going to post any crafting recipes or similar things, as that would inflate the size of each post with unnecessary information. Useful information, but nonetheless unnecessary.

          With that said, I'll start walking. East, maybe? Perhaps. I usually travel east in order to set up a home, whether on a server or on a single player world.

          While I'm walking, perhaps I'll tell you of my goals for this series. While playing, I hope to expand my knowledge on mod integration and learn a few new tricks. I want to try new mods and features, such as bees and RotaryCraft. I also wanted to challenge myself slightly by making hunger more of an issue, hence the reason for Hunger Overhaul. I didn't add any extra mobs into the game because while they make the game more challenging, one can easily sleep through the night and escape them through daytime. I will take mod requests, but since I am playing on a 5-year-old Mac laptop, there's not really that much I can add. As a rule, there will be no magic mods except Mystcraft. Mystcraft was included in the original pack and I'm not going to remove it.

I still have no idea why Project Red wasn't included in Tech World 2. I'm sure Jadedcat has a reason for it. Who knows?

Author's note: While writing the prologue I didn't realize that Project Red wasn't included in the pack. However, since Feed the Beast includes all the configs to all their packs, I disabled the dyed trees from that mod anyway.

Ah, it seems that the sun is setting. Why don't I make a bed and sleep the night?

I forgot to mention that I killed some sheep whilst walking.



          Ah, good morning! I seem to be a bit hungry and these chickens look VERY appetizing. The grapes look pretty good, too! Also, I'm in some sort of Apple Orchard biome. So I guess it's a pretty great place to get both wood and food.

          I've made a few wooden tools, but this chicken won't taste very good uncooked. Let's go find some stone. I do like to bore into a cave for my first night, so that's where I usually get stone. Failing that, however, I just sort of sleep on the ground. Well, not quite on the ground, but in a bed...in the middle of nowhere. Honestly, who makes a perfectly good bed and sticks it outside under a tree in order to sleep in it? Isn't that what tents are for? I'd imagine that unless you were camping or homeless, you would want to be in a cozy sort of home so you wouldn't want to drown in the annoyingly persistent humidity and suffer in the late-night summer heat and get tons and tons of bug bites...

          Okay, okay, that's enough for my rant. Let's go look for some stone. I know of a few caves nearby. Why not explore them?

          So I walk a bit north to find these caves, chopping down some trees on the way. But wait, I need to make a pickaxe! After searching for five whole minutes for my bed again (hey, it's not my fault, the grass was too long!), I make a pickaxe and sleep the night again.

          All right, I have my pickaxe, so let's go mine some stuff! I'm going to go pick up some stone for a furnace.

Ooh, hey, iron! I'll get that soon.

Anyway, let's go down into this cave. I'll pick up some stone as I go down. I see some coal, I think I'll pick that up too!

          Oh, sorry about that. I went and made a stone pickaxe. Anyway, I listen to the hostiles echo around me as I mine this coal. Suddenly I feel something breathing down my neck. I turn around and slice off its head! Meh, it was just a zombie. Just an expendable pawn of Minecraftia's chess set. So let me j- OW! Arrow right in my frickin' hip! Now there's skeletons coming out of the other caves. Oh, and here's a few more zombies.

          Okay, sorry about that. Had a little monster brawl on my hands. I made a barricade so I can breathe. I can hear a zombie breathing through my peephole, let me take care of him. So, I forgot what I was going to say beforehand. But I can add that if the zombies are the pawns, then skeletons can be the rooks. Creepers are bishops, spiders are knights, endermen are the kings... Oh, hey! Someone could make a real-life chess set out of Minecraft! One probably exists, though.

          So I make my way out of the cave and I chop down a few trees. I notice a large brown-leaf tree nearby, and I take note of it because that will give me cocoa beans. I get back to my bed and sleep the night again, then wake up to decide what to do next.

I think I have actually found my permanent home.



Oh, by the way, I'm also hungry. I'll have to remedy that problem soon.


Chapter 2: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/06/tech-world-adventures-chapter-2.html

Prologue: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/06/tech-world-adventures-prologue.html


No comments:

Post a Comment