Follow on Twitter

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tech World Adventures - Chapter 3

          This post has been brought to you by Minecraft Crash Enterprises. Your #1 source for bugs and errors since 2009.


          I do notice this picture's overlap with the blog's right-hand sidebar. I enlarged this one more so you guys could read it.

          Anyway, before we get to why this happened, let me regale you of the events leading up to this.

          First, I harvested some beets because I was hungry. I tried to look up the use of this item because I wanted to know what I could use it for. Then Not Enough Items got overloaded and the game froze.

Remember that I'm on a 5-year-old Macintosh.

I tried it again, but this time right-clicking the item in NEI. Again, froze.

          I figured that it was just a bug with beets. So I ignored it and moved on. I started to chop down trees in order to get wood for my house. I picked up an apple off the ground (lots of apples, by the way) and tried to find its use in crafting. And again, the game froze.

          I now assume that it's NEI's fault. If you guys have anything to say about this issue, then feel free to say it.

          So after amassing about one-and-a-half stacks of wood logs, I get working. I make the foundation 11x11 (9x9 on the inside), the height 4 blocks, and I push the roof up one. I chiseled my wood planks into a fancier kind. I didn't put in a floor yet.

The result was a large wood shack. Obviously nothing pretty. Just a living space.





          I managed to move my bed in there before nighttime. I haven't moved anything else in there yet.

          While building, I stacked a few blocks by mistake. So naturally, I whip out my axe and break them. Or, rather, struggle to break them and not get the block back. I wonder why this is, so I take out the mod's chisel and left-click it in an attempt to break it.

The game didn't seem to like that. So it crashed, which explains the crash report.

          I later found out that all chiseled blocks made by Chisel are only harvestable with a pickaxe.

          So now with that out of the way, I plant all my leftover saplings all over the biome. I desperately need some materials and I've already mined the cave dry. So how about I go into the ravines nearby?

          I dig my way into the first ravine and grab all the materials. I get iron, coal, and copper, among others. My pickaxe broke along the way, so I also brought my tool station in order to fix it.

          Honestly, that ravine was kind of boring. So let's go into the neighboring one! Yay! Oh wait, it's nighttime. I don't care, I need materials. I break a block of a nearby pond and make a waterfall. Oh, and I see lava. Careful now.

          I start off by mining the iron, coal, and apatite I see. I pour a bucket of water on that pesky lava pool. Too bad it's not still lava or I would've had a good starting bank of obsidian. I eye a cluster of oreberry bushes deeper into the ravine.


Oh, I also made apple juice.

          I navigate the ravine carefully, listening to the baddies out to get me. Fortunately, they're all above me and I'm down below.

          I'm enjoying this mining thing. When you get into a groove, the pickaxe seems to make a song out of it. "Bing bing bing bing BAM! Bing bing bing bing BAM!"

See?

"Bing bing bing bing BAM! Bing bing bi- CRACK!" It broke again. Let me repair it.

          As I'm having fun with pickaxes I start to hear a sort of anguished grunt. I see Mr. Enderman with his prized grass block up near a tree at the top of the ravine.






          I hear he wanted to be a miner when he grew up. But his fists are weaker than wood and he can't break anything other than dirt. He hates being stared at because he's still bitter over Mojang nerfing his powers (for the better) when he was born.

While I'm mining out some apatite I hear this guy:





          Look at that little bugger just standing there plotting to take over the world. If they weren't so hostile and annoying they would almost be cute.

Could you imagine one of those on a plane? Because I sure can't.

          So after I get rid of him, I start to make my way back to the surface. It's daytime now, so aside from a creeper almost falling on my head, I have no trouble getting out. I make my way back home. Here's my yield from the ravines:





          The other stuff under the coal tag is copper, tin, iron, rainbow flourite, and some other mineral I forget.

          So I have successfully made my own house (shack). I still need more minerals, especially certus quartz and everything below tin level. I did find a cave in that second ravine, so we should go explore it. Not today, though.

On the plus side, I'm not hungry this time!

Chapter 4: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/07/tech-world-adventures-chapter-4.html

Chapter 2: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/06/tech-world-adventures-chapter-2.html

If you're looking for other chapters, please follow the link to the prologue found on the right side of this blog.

Also, between last post and this one, I put a "follow me" button for Twitter at the top of the blog with the email. You may follow me on Twitter to keep updated if you want. I'll post there first before I post anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment