Follow on Twitter

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tech World Adventures - Chapter 4


          Hey, guys. Between this post and the last one, I ran an interest poll on the Feed the Beast forums. As a result, in addition to this blog, I will create a survival-based modpack as a side project. There won't be any release date as to when I begin an adventure in this new pack. In addition, the upcoming pack is most likely to stay private unless you guys want it released.

Anyway, welcome to this week's edition of Cave- I mean, Tech World Adventures.




          So last time, I went mining for surface minerals in the two ravines. While mining, I found a cave that I can explore. In preparation for this expedition, I smelted half of the iron from the mining trip to make a set of iron armor.

          So now I find myself staring at the gaping maw about to devour me into the earth. With caution, I venture down into the opening and find a dungeon! What luck! I arm myself and enter the dungeon for my first serious fight. I bash a few zombies, torch the spawner and steal the loot. I took some RotaryCraft items and some other things, but most of them probably won't be that useful. The floppy disc in particular won't be of much use to me as I don't use ComputerCraft.

          With that out of the way, I bash a few more zombies and journey deeper into the bowels of the earth. I come to a fork in the cave, but both ways lead the same way.





          The ambience echoes around me as I attempt to venture deeper. I at last reach all dead ends of this cave. This cave system is only a surface-level one. Well, except for the hole in the corner of one curve. Should I go in it? Yeah, let's go!

In retrospect, that may have been a bad idea.

          My first omen happens to be the appearance of endermen. Two of them. But for the most part, they seem to be all right with sharing their cave.




          They seem to want to give me dirt blocks. Though one sort of pushed me out of the way in order to get to his buddy. I guess living in a cave doesn't do one well in learning manners.

          The next thing that happened is the discovery that this cave is much larger than the one upstairs. It's gonna take forever to mine this out! I came down here to mine stuff, not to wander aimlessly!





(Stop whining, please.)

          As I continue deeper, I notice ores that I haven't seen before such as Yellorite and Lead. Yellorite in particular will be useful as I plan to learn Big Reactors before the season's end.

          Eventually, I run out of apple juice and begin to starve. I need to get back to the surface. So I look around and I can't find my exit. Oh crap! I search frantically for it and I still can't find it! I start to get hit with slowness from starving. On top of that, I angered an enderman somewhere and I can't find him. Zombies are peeking their heads out, so I continue to slay them.




          I consider multiple options such as digging to the top and continuing to find the exit. I continue to search for my exit path.

          Also, I do notice I had food in the picture. I believe that was the last picture before I started searching for a way out.

          Suddenly I get the "genius" idea of eating rotten flesh to restore my hunger. I must have forgotten that hunger debuffs reduce my hunger a lot faster than normal. This ultimately leads to my demise when I starve to death fighting off a zombie.

Deaths: 1

          I appear in my house. I run to the ravine and the cave in an attempt to search for my items. I punch zombies out of my way and avoid the icy stares of endermen. Eventually I get cornered by a zombie and a spider. I pummel the spider with my fists, but the one-two punch eventually takes its toll.

Deaths: 2

          After that, my memory became a blur. I don't remember how exactly I got back, but when I did, I found a convenient gravestone from OpenBlocks waiting for me instead of a mess of items. For those of you who don't know, the gravestone keeps my items until I break it.

          I also found out that the reason I couldn't find my way out was because I hadn't put a torch near my exit path. How silly of me.

          I continue to starve. I can't look up the use of an item because the game freezes whenever I do. If anyone has any useful food items to recommend, then feel free to tell me. Otherwise I'm going to have to settle for a crafting guide for HarvestCraft.

          I still need supplies and food. I remain in the need for a beginner machine. My garden is fully grown but I don't know what to do with it. Any advice?

Thanks for reading.

Chapter 5: Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment